KENIC Registrar Application Procedure
Those organizations interested in becoming Registrars should:
- Formally apply to KENIC. The formal application letter should be sent by post (or delivered by hand) to KENIC, attention the Chief Executive Officer. Please note that the application letter should also be accompanied by your Company's Profile detailing your company's operations, location and abilities.
In particular, the company profile should include:
- Your experience in DNS and DNS server management;
- At least two (2) DNS servers that your company manages;
- A list of domain names hosted on the nameservers and details;
- A list of 20 .ke domains registered and a proof of ownership;
- The applicant should have already a .ke domain registered;
- A company registration certificate;
- A company PIN.
- The KENIC management will evaluate your application within 48 Hours and respond with an approval or Rejection.
- If approved, you will have to complete the Registrar Accreditation Agreement and pay the annual membership fees of Kshs. 5,000.00. It is estimated that the process should take 7 working days.
Kindly note that the .KE Registry is still closed and thus to become an Accredited Registrar, your organization must have local presence, that is, your organization must have an office within the country (Kenya).